Thursday, December 2, 2010

1st day of Work

I just came back from work, first time working since I come Wellington 3 years ago. Haha, finally...but not office job, it's 'rojak' work in a Malaysian/Chinese restaurant (not the high class restaurant you imagine). It's NZD 9 per hour, I think it's considered as underpay but oh well, I won't complain about it, cos it's not a long term job. I'm actually pretty happy about it cos I din aspect they would take me as I'll be leaving in mid-Jan. I guess they really NEED people.

It's my very first time involve in hospitality industry, you can imagine how slow I do things while other experienced people work like a machine around me. And, the restaurant are usually very BUSY! Serving and washing are not hard, but taking order and paying are still hard for me. I'm not familiar with the prices and the money machine! But it's a good training for me. I really want to work fast. But I'm happy to earn my own money.

It was just a 3-hour training just now but I'm pretty exhausted now. Another 3 hours tmr evening, and will be even busier. So I need to have enough rest before that. Oh btw, the good thing working in restaurant is that you get free food so I can save some money on groceries shopping.

I'm very excited about Project Runway S7 finale later! I'm gonna sit back and relax for the rest of the evening.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

hey ah lai~ congrats on finding a job! XD i've had frens working for $8 an hour so $9 is quite good liao~~ XD although only one dollar more~~ haha

Justine Phang said...

$9???!!!!! dat's peanutssss!!!! >< isn't min pay like $12 per hour?? i got $40 just yesterday for sitting down and staring at kids 4 2 hours. didn't even need 2 do anything!!

nway, speaking of project runway...I'M SO HAPPY SETH AARON WON!!! i LOVED his collection.
~(^_^)~

婉怡 said...

i thought i haven't updated my blog for quite a long time already... well, yours is since MARCH!! ><

Ah Lai said...

Oh I just saw the comments here! Sorry I lost my chat box...Will try to set it up again.
Janet: Thanks, just that under table can be dangerous if the government(or someone find out), but I guess it seldom happens cos many restaurant here do that.
Justine: Yea I know...but now I find that busy is better than free. Yea, I'm happy that Seth won!! Instead of Emilio, omg I hate him!!LOL
Wan yi: HAHAHAHHA, yalo, I'm always lazy in updating things one. But seems like I update more often than you now.